Environmental, Health & Safety
Our EHS Policy Statement
- Will comply with legal and other requirements that the organization subscribes.
- Is committed to continual improvement and prevention of pollution, accidents and injury/illness (ill health).
- Provides the framework for setting and reviewing Environmental, Health, and Safety objectives and targets using Policies, Procedures & Instructions (PPI’s).
- Assures these elements are documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees with the intent that they are made aware of their individual obligations.
- Makes this policy available to the public and any other interested parties via the external GDMS website.
- Reviews this policy annually, at a minimum, for its appropriateness to our business.
A Commitment to the Environment
We have an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) management system built on our policy statement, goal setting and resource management, comprehensive processes, and a management commitment to targeted improvement. This system includes the use of cross-functional working groups to ensure that safety and environmental requirements are met when designing and manufacturing products and services for our customers.
General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada employees recycle, conserve power and continually develop innovative ways to create highly technical products with low impact to people and the environment. We also support community-based organizations that mutually benefit from our environmentally conscious, safety and recycling efforts.
Did You Know?
Did you know that General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada has won several awards and certifications for our participation in environmental and safety-related programs?
- Power Conservation Certificate of Recognition from the Ontario Power Authority: August 2005
- ISO 14001/18001 Certified: These internationally recognized standards affirms successful implementation of our EHS policy, our efforts to minimize health and safety risk, and environmental impact.
- General Dynamics Corporate Safety Achievement Award: 2003, 2004
- General Dynamics Corporate EHS Achievement Award: 2010
We continuously strive to improve our processes and contributions to benefit our world today and in the future.
Contact the environmental, health and safety team at 613-596-7502 for more information.