MESHnet® Communications Selector Box
Core Platform Networking
Modern technology has raised an expectation of "anywhere/anytime" connectivity and developed efficient & highly portable capabilities to share & manage information. To take advantage of these technologies; military, first responder, and industrial customers must apply them to users and roles that live and work "off the grid" under extreme conditions, and fit the systems into specialized purpose built platforms.
The Communications Selector Box is a premier solution to evolve and enhance the accessing, sharing and management of voice and data for users and platforms demanding advanced communications technology.
The Communications Selector Box delivers the benefits of modern office capabilities to the field in a qualified military specification package designed to survive harsh environments and punishing usage.
Communications Selector Box installations can be scaled to any role including; single user hub, multiple user fits mounted to crewed platforms, or as a command/operations center backbone by platform interconnection or dismounted equipment in field shelters/buildings.
- Communications Selector Box Radio – each unit supports connection of radio for wireless off platform voice/data exchanges. Radio related functionality includes: automatic detection of radio connection/availability & assignment as a voice service. Interconnecting CSB units can provide simultaneous access to six radios; the faceplate rotary switch selects a "working" service & allows pressel control.
- Communications Selector Box Intercom – an analog service activated instantly when power is applied, a digital service is auto-enabled on completion of boot up. Override allows platform wide priority broadcasts with an "auto disable" failsafe to assure return to normal function.
- Data Terminal Audio – provides access to local data terminal audio to deliver audible prompts/alarms from software tools, or permit use of telephony applications.
- Communications Selector Box Alarms – unit can be confi gured to trigger an audible prompt and a visual indicator for a variety of tactical events.
- Communications Selector Box Management - configuration tasks performed via multilingual audible menu options, platform system management is accomplished via a simple web-based utility, accessible via any standard web browser application.
The Communications Selector Box chassis houses circuit card assemblies hosting the internal programming for functionality and services, and hardened connectors for interface to other platform resources. The faceplate mounts controls and indicators to operate the unit and display status.
- Communications Selector Box Network - interconnected CSB units create a platform Local Area Network (LAN) and the integral 100 Mbps Ethernet facility supports data exchanges. Resource sharing via the platform network cuts the number of peripherals needed and reduces equipment space, weight and power needs.
- Communications Selector Box Audio - supports a wide selection of monaural/binaural audio accessories and a management feature to save volume levels and assignment of audio sources to left/right or both ears.
- Communications Selector Box Data – the data port supports Ethernet, serial and USB for peripherals like data terminals, sensors and global positioning receivers.