General Dynamics Canada is a company built on the ideas of our employees. We have a proud and successful past and we are entering an era of unprecedented growth and innovation. As Canada’s leading defence contractor, specializing in large systems integration, we count on our people.
We have a tremendous group of highly talented, creative and committed employees across Canada, with primary locations in Ottawa, Calgary and Halifax.
At General Dynamics Canada, we live by our values:
- General Dynamics Canada is recognized and behaves as a leadership company. That is, a company that values, nurtures and expresses leadership in all that we do.
- General Dynamics Canada is managed effectively and efficiently with solid, accepted processes that are meaningful to every business unit.
- The company operates as one company/one team. That is, business areas and functional teams support each other towards a prosperous collective future.
- General Dynamics Canada is focused on customers. They are assured we value our relationship with them as much as they value our products.
- All employees are open to new ideas from every part of our organization; and they are open to the change that can ensue from pursuing the best of those ideas.
- We come to work and leave for home with a positive attitude. We see the jar half full rather than half empty.
- Our business model encourages innovation in support of our company goals. Ideas are celebrated, and great ideas are vigorously pursued.
General Dynamics Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we fully support the principles of employment equity. Accordingly, members of the 4 designated groups (women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and aboriginals) are encouraged to apply for employment with General Dynamics Canada.
We employ people in a variety of challenging positions, including engineering, project management, technology support, materials management, manufacturing, and professional and administrative support functions.
We encourage and support our employees through training and career development. At General Dynamics Canada, career paths are always evolving. We stand by this commitment as many employees move to new opportunities through our internal job posting and promotion processes.
Our employees have the opportunity to gain experience on multiple projects through a multi-functional approach to teams. Participation in various projects and on integrated product teams enables employees to acquire new skills and experiences. We continuously work toward product and process improvement! In 2008, General Dynamics Canada successfully attained CMMI level 5.
Responsibility for employee recognition at General Dynamics Canada belongs to everyone. Our Recognition.now program provides employees an opportunity to appreciate someone's accomplishments or efforts.
We conduct regular employee satisfaction surveys to ensure we are responding to the needs of our employees. In the latest (2005) survey, over 80% of our employees indicated that General Dynamics Canada was a best practice employer, scoring high in flexibility, work environment, control over their work and work-life balance.
Our Community / Our Family
At General Dynamics Canada, we feel it is important to give back to the community. We create opportunities for our employees to make that connection. We also place a high value on making your family feel like it is part of the company, through a number of social activities.
If this sounds like your kind of place, then we encourage you to review our job opportunities.